The formation of a Media Unit, an animated and ground-breaking venture of the IT Department, at Oasis International School, started off, jubilantly, in June 2018, where the students’ interest and attention was gripped through a competition through a publication to design an unprecedented, hand-drawn poster or compile a non-dialogue, short, but imaginative video by 25 July 2018. The titles were on, ‘Save Water’, ‘Garbage Management’ and ‘Life Hacks.’
The purpose was clearly to develop professional, media skills of school students and bring out the innate, artistic skills of students, concurrently.
The scope of work carried out by the Media Unit would include ‘design and build,’ media solutions for various school events and public competitions with the aid and abetting given through proactive training workshops, and tutorials conferred by the IT Department to improve all conceivable skills necessitated to build effective mass media resolutions.
The outcomes of the Media Unit would include the students’:
- Understanding of professional skills in an effort to build knowledgeable leaders.
- Engaging creatively, addressing issues of critical social importance through providing of insight, increasing understanding, and designing solutions by the IT Department.
- The Media Unit would consolidate work with other school clubs such as the, IT Society, Chess, Sport, Science, Art, Astronomy and other guilds.
- Participating in training workshops, systematically carried out by the Department, on Photography, Sound System Design and Management and Software based Sound Mix Technology.
- Partaking in interschool Media Unit Competitions and maintaining of the Media Club to ensure its sustenance, longevity and building its reputation.
- Publishing student work, achievements and school advertisements using Social Media.
- Streaming of school events online.
- Improving other skills such as public speaking, announcing and the ability of pursuing actively in new and adventurous ventures.
- Building up technical and presentation skills.
- Operating social Media networks such as, Facebook, Instagram and websites proficiently and intelligently.
- Participating in Public competitions such as the British Council Media, Animation Competitions.
- Acquiring knowledge on shooting concise films.